Handmade papers and gold leafing accents make it easy to send someone special a little love on Valentine's Day with this project from Krylon.
- Krylon Spray Adhesive - Clear (#7010)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - 18 KT. Gold (#9901)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Silver (#9902)
- Handmade Papers – 1 sheet each: red and white
- Kreate-a-b.a.g. Template Kit
- Kreate-a-lope Envelope maker (Green Sneakers)
- Fabric adhesive
- Deckle Edge Scissors
- Gold or Silver ribbon and cord
- Hole punch
- Double-sided tape
- Using the Kreate-a-b.a.g. large template, place on white paper, following manufacturer's directions to create bag. (When working with hand-made papers, it will be easier to tear them if you brush water along the edge of the template first).
- Fold according to manufacturer's directions.
- Spray adhesive along the appropriate edges, gluing according to directions.
- Punch holes in top to tie on handles (cording).
- From the red paper, cut out three hearts with deckle edge scissors, making one slightly larger than the others.
- Trace around the edges with gold and silver leafing pens. Write Love on the larger heart. Use the leafing pen with the point horizontal and with a very light touch, stroke along the paper on the two smaller hearts. The pens will highlight the fibers in the paper creating a shimmering look.
- Using spray adhesive, glue the hearts into place. (Please reference photo.)
- Adhere bow with fabric adhesive.
- Using Kreate-a-lope large template, brush water along the outside edge and tear red paper along template to make envelope. Follow manufacturers instructions for folding.
- Place double-sided tape along edges to be glued.
- To create cards, fold paper in half and use smaller template to tear the paper. Moisten edges and tear along template.
- Embellish as desired. You can layer the card by tearing folded papers in decreasing sizes and placing one inside the other.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.