Valentine Amigurumi Heart
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Crochet a heart-shaped toy this Valentine's Day. Your Valentine is sure to love this cute little heart. This valentine crochet pattern is also great for kids of all ages. This little love bug is easy to make and fun to give to those you love. If you're looking for easy crochet patterns and want to make something a little different, this is the perfect project for you to make. The pink body is certainly unique, but the curly hair on top makes this heart a true standout. Kids will love playing with this crochet toy and adults will appreciate the fine craftsmanship and hard work. Make one for your favorite person and another for a worthy little guy or girl.
- 1 skein Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Raspberry
- 1 skein Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Magenta
- 4mm [US G-6] crochet hook
- Split lock stitch marker
- Yarn needle
- Pipe cleaners
- Poly fill
- Buttons or google eyes
Gauge: 9 sts = 2”; 10 rows = 2” in sc rnds. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
When it comes to Valentine's Day craft ideas, you shouldn't stop with handmade gifts. Make cards, decor and more with 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More. This free eBook is filled with easy craft projects, homemade greeting cards, free patterns and so much more. Download a copy today - it's free!
Work in continuous rnds without joining. Place a marker between last and first sc of rnd; move marker up each rnd.
Special Abbreviation: Sc3tog = [draw up a loop in next sc] 3 times, yarn over and draw through all 4 loops on hook – 2 sc decreased.
Rnd 1: 6 Sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Rnd 2: [3 Sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc] twice—10 sc. Place a marker in the center stitch of each 3-sc group to indicate each side.
Rnd 3: Sc in next sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 3 sc—14 sc.
Rnd 4: Sc in next 2 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 6 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc—18 sc.
Rnd 5: Sc in next 3 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 8 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 5 sc—22 sc.
Rnd 6: Sc in next 4 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 10 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 6 sc—26 sc.
Rnd 7: Sc in next 5 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 12 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 7 sc—30 sc.
Rnd 8: Sc in next 6 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 14 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 8 sc—34 sc.
Rnd 9: Sc in next 7 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 16 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 9 sc—38 sc.
Rnd 10: Sc in next 8 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 18 sc, 3 sc in next sc, sc in next 10 sc—42 sc.
Rnds 11-14: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 15: [Ch 1, skip next 2 sc, sc in next 8 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 8 sc] twice—38 sc.
Rnd 16: [Working over the ch-1 of rnd below, slip st in first skipped stitch on rnd below, sc in next 7 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 7 sc] twice—34 sc.
Rnd 17: [Slip st in same sc as before, sc in next 6 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 6 sc] twice—26 sc.
Rnd 18: [Slip st in 2nd skipped sc on Rnd 15, sc in next 5 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 5 sc] twice—22 sc.
Rnd 19: [Slip st in same sc as before, sc in next 4 sc, sc3tog, sc in next 4 sc] twice; slip st in next slip st—18 sc. Fasten off.
Arms (Make 2)
Rnd 1: 5 Sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Rnds 2-8: Sc in each sc around. Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.
Legs (Make 2)
Rnd 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.
Rnds 2-10: Sc in each sc around—6 sc.
Rnd 11: 2 Sc in each sc around—12 sc.
Rnd 12: Sc in each sc around—12 sc. Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.
Stuff Heart with poly fill. Weave top opening closed, matching stitches. Insert pipe cleaners into arms and legs for more stability; cut off excess pipe cleaner if necessary.
Sew on arms and legs as desired (We attached the arms on Rnd 10).
Join yarn in first stitch at top of Heart in the “seam”; * ch 15, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 3 sc in each ch to end, slip st in next st on Heart; repeat from * across. Fasten off. If desired, you can make the curly hair different lengths by more or less chains.
Glue on buttons or google eyes or stitch with different color yarn. A mouth can also be stitched.
What guy wouldn't want a cute amigurumi heart? DIY the perfect gift with the free projects and patterns featured in 72 Valentine's Day Ideas for Boyfriend. You'll find gifts for tree-huggers, coffee lovers and even chocoholic. Save yourself a trip to the mall and make something your guy will really appreciate.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Pink and Red Crocheted Hearts
- 72 Valentine's Day Ideas for Boyfriend
- Metal Stamped Heart Valentines Day Craft
- Crepe Paper Rose Bouquet
- Rose Bouquet Ball
- Crochet Valentine Shawl
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More free eBook
- Valentine Chocolates
- Bread Dough Rose Under Glass
- Valentine Lovebirds Onesie
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card
- Sweet Doily Cards Spring Craft
- Illuminated Blossoms Spring Craft
- Colorful Napkin Wreath Spring Craft
- Large Silk DIY Flower Arrangement
- Kiddie Blocks Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Easy DIY Castle Printables
- Simple Yarn Easter Baskets