Create a lovely dahlia flower for an embellishment or brooch with Lutradur Mixed Media sheets. Lutradur sheets are a special kind of non-woven fabric. Give this dahlia as a Valentine's Day present or use on a gift box.
- Lutradur Mixed Media Sheets – regular weight (70 gram)
- Scissors – plain, pinking and/or scalloped
- Small hole punch
- Large craft tweezers
- Heat gun
- Large decorative brad
- Glitter glue
- Desired colors of spray ink- TIP: Mix a few drops of one or two colors of Liquitex Acrylic ink with a few ounces of water in a travel spray bottle.
- Trace and cut from sheets of Lutradur:
- Four large 3-1/4″ circles
- Two medium 2-3/4″ circles
- Four small 2-1/2″ circles
- Cut 3/8″ snips all around the diameter of the small and medium circles to create fringed edges.
- Trim around the edges of the large circles with pinking or scalloped scissors.
- Punch a small hole in the center of each circle.
- Place 2 circles together, hold them firmly with a pair of large tweezers and quickly pass a heat gun near the edges to lightly melt the Lutradur all the way around. This will make the edges unpredictably curly and lacey.
- Repeat with 2 more circles at a time, until you have melted the edges of all the circles.
- Use a spray ink to add color to each circle, allow to dry.
- Stack your circles on top of each other, with the smallest on top and the largest on the bottom.
- Twist them around until you like how they nest together, then insert a large decorative brad through the holes in all the layers.
- Dab a little glitter glue on the edges.
Find more craft ideas at www.ctpubblog.com.