With the help of a paper heart doily and scrapbook paper, create a painted Valentine tray to serve breakfast-in-bed to your loved one.
DecoArt Products Required
- DA267 - Poodleskirt Pink
- DA271 - Espresso --- NEW!!
- DS51 - Staining/Antiquing Medium
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- 1/4" and 1" flat brushes
- Sea sponge
- 3/8" and 1' round foam pouncer brushes
- Foam plate
- Aleene's Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- Scrapbook paper (We used Daisy D's Nursery Pink Stripe, 14017.)
- 6" paper heart doily (not tissue thin)
- Masking tape
- Unfinished wood tray, Don Mechanic Ent., SKU 354854 (24808)
- Measure and cut scrapbook paper to fit inside bottom of tray. Apply even coat of glue to back of paper and attach to tray, smoothing paper flat and removing wrinkles or air bubbles. Let dry.
- Lightly tack doily to tray with small piece of folded tape at center of heart; press heart flat to tray.
- Use 1" pouncer to stencil over doily holes and edges, being careful not to shift doily or oversaturate, causing seepage. Let dry.
- Mix Espresso with equal part Staining/Antiquing Medium. Use sea sponge to stamp over surface of striped paper, fading out color from heart edge with flat brush and sponge. Let dry.
- Referring to photo, use flat brushes and Espresso to paint inner long sides, side edges of short sides, and handle openings of tray. Let all dry.
- Use flat brushes and Poodleskirt Pink to paint remaining inner sides, outer sides, and bottom of tray; let dry.
- Use 3/8" pouncer to dot Espresso over Poodleskirt Pink sides of tray; let dry.
- Use Bubblegum Pink Americana Writer to paint words over paper in bottom of tray; let dry.
- Spray tray with Americana Gloss Spray; let dry.