Give the gift of love with these heart tin ornaments. They're decorative and easy to make. You can hang them anywhere in the house. Use the beautiful pattern provided for a beautiful craft.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
- Small plastic squeeze bottle, 1/2 oz., with 7mm stainless steel tip (optional)
- Sheer silver wire-edged ribbon, 1/2" x 1/3 yd.
- Smooth-surface finish for plastic foam
- Faux finish of choice (pewter and silver blue shown)
- Dimensional paint, any color
- Sheer white ribbon rose with leaves, 3/4"
- Silver cord, 8" length
- Wooden skewer
- Craft stick or palette knife
- Disposable sponge brush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Transfer paper (optional)
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- "Tin" Heart Ornament
- Insert skewer into center top edge of heart. Holding heart by skewer, follow manufacturer's instructions to apply surface finish to all sides of heart. Let dry.
- Use pencil and transfer paper to transfer pattern to both sides of heart, or sketch own design. Use dimensional paint to outline designs. Outline heart edges with series of tiny dots, painted very close together. Note: Greater control and thinner lines can be obtained by squeezing paint into plastic squeeze bottle, then using narrow metal tip to draw. Let dry.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply two coats faux finish to all sides of heart. Let dry.
- Knot cord ends; glue knot into skewer hole in top of heart. Tie ribbon into bow. Glue bow and ribbon rose at base of cord.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow