Wear your love on your shirt with this cute, painted heart tattoo
DecoArt Products Required
SoSoft Fabric Acrylics
- DSS24 - Lamp Black
- DSS25 - Christmas (Primary) Red
- DSS36 - Ultra White
- DSS46 - Hauser Dark Green
- DSS47 - Hauser Light Green
- DBL1580-B - Script Liner 10/0
- DBF3012-B - Shader 12
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Tracing paper & fabric transfer pen or fabric transfer paper
- Shirt board or cardboard covered with plastic wrap
- Masking tape or T-pins
- 100% cotton (or cotton blend) tank shirt
- Wash and dry shirt without fabric softeners before painting. Insert shirt board or covered cardboard to prevent paint bleeding through shirt. Secure with masking tape or T-pins. Draw or trace heart design onto tracing paper. Flip over pencil-traced design and outline with transfer pen. Position design and transfer pen-side down onto fabric with iron using low-heat setting. Carefully lift paper to reveal design.
- If painting on dark fabric, fill in entire design with Ultra White. Allow to dry about 20 minutes before applying colors. If light fabric is used, undercoating won't be necessary.
- Using 12 shader brush, paint heart Christmas Red; leaves, Hauser Light Green; and banner, Ultra White.
- Outline, using liner brush, leaves with Hauser Dark Green and remaining elements with Lamp Black. Add the word LOVE to banner with Lamp Black Let dry.