If you love beads and you love card making, combine the two hobbies and make artist-level designs you can sell in trendy stationery stores. Use this colorful, creative idea to get you started. It features red liner Treasure Tape, Kreinik metallic threads, and clear Diamond Beadlets.
- Strathmore Creative Cards blank card & envelope
- Black paper
- 3.5x2.25 Decorative black paper (Mary Engelbreit)
- Small scraps of coordinating pink print paper
- Textured pink cardstock
- 4" x 6" sheet Treasure Tape sheet
- 1/8" Treasure Tape Trim
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon in colors 042, 007C, 153V, and 001J
- Kreinik #16 Braid in colors 031, 003V and 005C
- Punch-1 9/16" stamp shape, McGill Craftivity, 3/4" square, Punch Bunch
- Glue stick
- Shallow pan or tray
- Adhere your scrolled decorative black paper to your card. Cut a .5" x 3.5" strip of your Treasure Tape Sheet, and apply it across the center of your scrolled paper. Press outward from the center to remove any air pockets.
- Peel back the red liner and begin laying down rows of thread. You can alternate between ribbon and braid for different width stripes. Trim the threads at each end.
- Using your 1/8" Treasure Trim, create a tape border around the outside of the scrolled paper, overlapping the paper and the ends of your thread stripes. Peel back the red liner and lay down a border using your 042 Ribbon.
- Punch a "stamp" shape out of the pink cardstock. Next punch a smaller square shape out of your coordinating patterned paper. Attach it to the center of your stamp shape. Cut a small heart from your Treasure Tape sheet, and adhere it to the center of your square. Press firmly.
- Adhere your stamped motif to the center of your card, over the stripes. Peel back the red liner on your heart shape. Outline your heart with braid.
- Place your card into a shallow tray or in a small bag, and pour beadlets over the exposed tape areas. Tap to remove excess beadlets.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.