Glitter Lace Heart Box
By: Art Glitter
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use as a memory box, jewelry box or fill with homemade goodies and present to your loved one for Valentine's Day. This glitter heart box from Art Glitter is easy to make in a few simple steps!
- Ultrafine Opaque Glitter: #291 Fire Engine Red
- Ultrafine Transparent Glitter: #210 Fossil
- Large Glass Beads: #800 Vermilion, #808 Sterling
- Small Glass Beads: #800 Vermilion
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive w/ Ultrafine Metal Tip Attached
- Sticky Paper: 8 1/2” x 11”
- Ivory Heart Border Lace: 14” long
- Heart Shaped Candy Box:
- Approx 9” diameter, empty and clean
- Red Fabric: 100% Cotton
- Felt: Red or White
- Heavy Cardstock or Kromekote: two 2” square pieces, red
- Permanent Marker: Red, Black
- Scissors: Fine Point, Fabric
- Sponge Brush: 1”
- Table Spoon
- 2 Plastic Trays
Run red marker along lid and bottom edge of box if it is white. Pour a dollop of glue approx. the size of a silver dollar into one tray; mix in 5 drops of water. Brush onto top lid evenly and wave lid like a fan to dry quickly, about 5 minutes. If some spots repel adhesive, brush over again while it’s drying. Pour one and a half times the same amount of glue in tray plus 3 drops of water. Brush thicker coat on evenly. Cover wet, white and shiny glue with red glitter. You may need to do half of heart at a time. Let dry 15 minutes. Wash tray and brush.
Place bottom of box on top of felt, trace shape with black marker and cut out. Place bottom of box onto red fabric, draw heart shape 2” larger than box size and cut out, set aside. Glue felt heart onto back of bottom and trim off any excess. Set aside.
Make thick glue dots 1/4” in from edge of heart approx. 1/2” apart. Spoon on Sterling beads. Let dry 20 min.
Make a mixture of all the beads by filling tip of spoon with Sterling beads (approx. 1/2 full), pour into tray. Add small and large Vermilion beads (approx. 1/4 spoon full). Draw or trace over 1.75” heart shape onto cardstock. Cut out heart and glue into center of other cardstock piece. Cover heart shape with a thick layer of glue. Set inside other tray and cover with bead mixture. Dry 1/2 hour on a flat surface.
Cut lace into two pieces, one with 6 hearts along the bottom, the other with 3. Cut five 8 1/2” x 1.5” sticky paper strips. Peal backing off one strip and set down sticky side up. Lay large lace onto sticky paper with heart fringe almost touching bottom of sticky paper. Using removed backing, rub lace down to push out any air pockets. Spoon on Fossil glitter and tap backside. Carefully pull off lace to reveal pattern. Flood with Fire Engine glitter. Repeat with 4 other sticky paper strips. Cut off one heart shape including it’s scalloped edge. Slide it up under rim of box lid. Lace paper should stick out 1”, cut off excess at top. Cut off same excess amount from rest of lace strips. Cut in between all of lace hearts. Make a line of glue under rim of box lid at the point. Position one lace heart under center of point and push into glue. Continue gluing and placing lace hearts along one side of box lid, overlapping pieces slightly to appear like real, unbroken lace. Stop at the top midpoint then work around other side from the bottom up. To cover up back of lace paper, lay box lid glittered side down; center heart fabric piece on top. Using the rim below as a guide, draw heart shape and cut out. Push fabric cut out over rim onto lace hearts. If the fabric has shifted some and doesn’t fit just right cut apart at point and realign. Lifting a segment up at a time, glue down to lace papers.
Take beaded heart and apply another thick coat of adhesive 1/8” , cover with bead mixture. Repeat with one more layer 1/8”. Carefully push beads into glue with back of spoon slightly to achieve a curved surface. Spoon on Fire Engine glitter. Set aside to dry.
Trim around lace paper and fabric following the scalloped edge of the lace.
Cut a heart out of small lace. Fold lace in half lining up outer hearts to overlap each other and hold in place. Start¬ing at the end of the scallops from the center heart, cut at a 45-degree angle towards edges. Continue around in a half circle shape, cutting off ric rac border. You may use the clip art attached as a guide. Glue around the edges to the center of glittered lid.
Make small glue dots around one lace heart and its scal¬loped edge, sprinkle with Fire Engine glitter. Continue gluing and glittering all lace hearts and edges. Also glitter the flower petals in the real lace and it’s heart too.
Draw a thin line of adhesive along edge of real lace heart and spoon on Sterling beads. Put a dot of glue between each glitter lace heart and sprinkle with small Vermilion beads.
Cut out beaded heart and mark edges with red marker. Glue to the center of real lace heart. If beaded heart needs more of a border to stand out, add a little glue and Sterling beads along sides. Place a dot of glue in the center of each flower on real lace and spoon on Sterling beads.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Pink and Red Crocheted Hearts
- Rustic LOVE Sign
- Valentine Amigurumi Heart
- Crochet Valentine Hearts Afghan
- 72 Valentine's Day Ideas for Boyfriend
- Lace Valentine Hearts
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More free eBook
- 32 Valentines Crafts for Adults: Making Valentine Crafts for Adults
- Cute as a Button Valentine's Day Jars
- 12 Amazing Valentine Hearts to Craft + 5 New Heart Crafts
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers
- Vintage Basket Easter Craft Project
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket