Love is in the air and what better way to express yourself than with this adorable card with hearts, hearts and more hearts?! A snip here and a brad there and you’ve made a heartfelt expression of you.
- Tulip® Sticky Fabric Stencils™
- Aleene's® Fast Grab Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- Cardstock 12” x 12”, double-sided Mulberry Red/White Hearts
- Hole punch or large needle, 1/32”
- Cardstock 12” x 12”, Avalanche (white)
- Personal paper cutter
- Ribbon, ½ yard red 3/8” wide
- Ribbon, ¼ yard white grosgrain 1-½” wide
- Craft knife
- Brads, red and white hearts
- Cosmetic sponge
Click here for pattern
- Cut a 7” x 12” piece of white cardstock. Cut one piece of mulberry paper 2-¾” x 6-7/8” and one slightly smaller.
- Fold white cardstock into a 6”x 7” card by folding left and right sides evenly to center.
- Cut out heart patterns. Trace around outside edge of patterns on mulberry paper on side that will face down. Cut one set on outside of pencil lines and one set on inside of pencil lines. This will give a very small border of red when layered. Cut one set from larger heart and two sets of smaller heart. Refer to photo. Layer each set and use Fast Grab to glue together.
- Using a craft knife, cut 2 small slits in each set of hearts and insert red ribbon through holes, leaving about 3” on each side.
- Glue heart units to slightly smaller rectangle piece (white side) with ribbon glued to back and this unit to red side of one of the remaining pieces.
- Cut heart from stencil. Place on white ribbon. Press with fingernail around opening to adhere stencil to ribbon to prevent paint from seeping under edges.
- Squeeze a small puddle of Soft Paint on foil. Tap flat end of sponge in paint and tap on a clean area of foil until sponge appears to be out of paint. Tap sponge in opening of stencil. Remove stencil and replace, above first heart. Repeat until 7” of the ribbon is covered. Using a toothpick dipped in paint, place dots among hearts. Let dry.
- Glue ribbon to red side of remaining piece of mulberry paper, wrapping ribbon ends to back.
- Punch holes in corners of the two units. Place red brads on white mulberry side and white brads on red side. Glue units to card.
- Cut a piece of mulberry paper 5-½”x 6-½” and glue to inside of card as a background for desired sentiment.