Craft a beaded bracelet featuring lampwork hearts to wear or give this Valentine's Day. This wearable Valentine's Day craft from Rings & Things is easy to make and sure to impress.
- 2 #28-335-11-01 Assorted lampwork heart beads with criss-cross pattern, pink/white/red
- 3 #28-335-12-01 Assorted lampwork heart beads with dot pattern, pink/white/red
- 10 >> #05-328-06-138 * CRYSTALLIZED™ 6mm bicone crystals, rosaline
- 6 #05-328-06-175 * CRYSTALLIZED™ 6mm bicone crystals, rose water opal
- 10 #05-328-06-191 CRYSTALLIZED™ 6mm bicone crystals, cyclamen opal
- 6 #05-328-06-02 * CRYSTALLIZED™ 6mm bicone crystals, crystal/aurora borealis
- 94 #49-955-05-3 5mm TierraCast® nugget heishi beads, silver plate
- 32 #37-421-3 7/8" standard head pins, silver plate
- 16" #40-099-46-3 5.1mm round double-link cable chain, silver plate (cut into two 7" pieces, and one 2" piece)
- 15" #46-709-14 18-gauge ColourCraft® wire, silver (cut five 3" pieces)
- 4 #37-145-3 6mm round jump rings, silver plate
- 1 #30-230-3 23x9mm small swivel clip, silver plate
* NOTE: Beginning in 2009, Swarovski is replacing their 5301 faceted bicone crystal style with their new 5328 faceted XILION bicone bead. Either style of bicone works well for this design.
- flat-nose pliers
- round-nose pliers
- Create 32 crystal dangles using the 7/8" head pins.
- For the heart connectors, make a large loop at one end of each piece of wire and add 3 random crystal dangles to each loop.
- Thread one wire through the center link of one piece of chain. Add a lampwork heart framed by spacer beads.
- Thread through the center link on the other piece of chain, make a large loop and add 3 more crystal dangles.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remaining wire pieces and beads, working out from the center.
- Running the wire through even numbered links of the chain will help prevent twisting.
- Keep both pieces of chain parallel as you add wire. To make this easier, pin the chain ends onto a piece of foam core or scrap piece of wood.
- To maintain the continuity of the chain design, use double jump rings to attach the clasp and extender chain