Bakers love food gifts for every holiday, and this Bake with Love Gift would be great for Valentine's Day! This is the perfect Valentine gift for someone who loves to show off their culinary skills and is great for last minute Valentine gift ideas!
- Wooden spoons
- Trim: torn fabric strips, ribbon, lace, etc.
- Red & white cardstock scraps
- Zigzag scissors
- Gingerbread paint (FolkArt Cinnamon)
- Red glitter paint (FolkArt Gems Rubi)
- Red paint (optional)
- Cotton swab or paintbrush
- Mod Podge
- Assemble materials
- For the gingerbread side paint the back of the spoon with the cinnamon paint. Paint up the handle to where you plan to tie the trim on. Let dry.
- Cut out rick-rack from white cardstock scraps. Cut out a folk art type heart from white cardstock scraps.
- Glue cardstock pieces to spoon with Mod Podge and then apply a coat over the entire back of the spoon. Let dry.
- Edge the white heart with red glitter paint.
- For the red folk art heart side cut a folk art heart that fits the bowl of the spoon from red cardstock scraps.
- Glue cardstock heart to spoon with Mod Podge and then apply a coat over the entire bowl of the spoon. Let dry.
- Brush heart with red glitter paint.
- Another option is to paint a folk art heart.
- Starting at the handle closest to the bowl of the spoon wrap trim around the handle of the spoon in a crisscross pattern for about 2 inches. Tie off the trim in a bow. I used white ribbon and a fabric strip torn from red fabric. I knotted my ends and then tied knots until only short ends of trim remain.