Present your valentine with this pretty, keepsake box from Kandi Corp., filled with chocolate, mementos of your time together or even jewelry. Adorned with delicate pearls, this box is also a nice place to store rings and other small items.
● Heart-shaped paper mache box
● Valentine-themed rub-ons
● Heat-fix embellishments: 4mm cream pearls, 10mm red hearts*
● 36" of 4" Red/Gold mulberry fiber ribbon
● Acrylic paint: Antique White, Eggshell White
● Sheer color finish
● Tea dye varnish
● Decoupage medium
● 1/2" glazelwash brush
● Heat-fix applicator wand*
● Hot glue gun, glue sticks
● Newspaper, scissors, wax paper, white paper, white tissue paper
*Heat-fix embellishments - Iron-On Pearls, Iron-On Nail Heads-Hearts Applicator wand - Kandi Kane™ applicator wand Both from Kandi Corp
Let paint and varnish dry after every application.
- Cover work surface with newspaper. Cover newspaper with wax paper. Paint inside and outside of box and lid Eggshell White. Repeat with Antique White.
- Rub valentine sayings and images on white paper. Cut out each saying and image. Apply decoupage medium to box. Press each saying randomly on box and lid. Brush decoupage medium over each saying. Tear and wrinkle tissue paper. Apply to wet surface of box and lid. Brush again with decoupage medium. Let dry. Repeat for inside of box and lid, applying images to inside bottom and sides and Happy Valentine's Day to inside of lid.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply heart charms to box. Apply pearls one at a time along edge of lid. Apply coat of varnish on inside and outside of box.
- Cut ribbon in half. Set half aside for bow. Cut other piece in half lengthwise. Fold each piece in half lengthwise. Brush decoupage medium on side of lid and lower 1/2" of box bottom. Carefully adhere folded ribbon to lid and box. Brush folded ribbon with another coat of decoupage medium. Tie remaining ribbon in bow. Clip ends in V-shape. Glue bow to top of box.