These candy cupid arrows make great alternatives to valentines in the classroom and are fun to make with kids.
- Wooden skewer
- Red tissue paper
- Construction paper (optional)
- Gumdrop heart
- Pack of gum or lifesavers
- Wrap the pack of gum or candy in construction paper and secure with a small amount of tape or glue. You can simply cover the front of the pack with a square of construction paper also if you desire.
- Push the wooden skewer through the pack of gum and place a heart-shaped gummy candy at the end.
- Glue several squares of tissue paper around the other end of the skewer.
- Once dry, cut the squares into frayed strips to give the appearance of a feather.
- Write a message on the construction paper such as “Be Mine”