Food crafts are by far the most fun crafts to make - who doesn't love making an adorable, yummy project? Tootsie Roll Burgers from Candace Jedrowicz may sound like a strange concept, but they are actually tiny burger sculptures made out of candy! Show them off and then eating them up! Delicious!
- Tootsie rolls in the following flavors: chocolate, fruit flavor variety package (vanilla, lemon, cherry, lime & orange), frooties fruit punch flavor (it’s much closer to red than cherry, which is pink)
- Toothpick or fork (for creating texture in burger)
- The key to making Tootsie Roll sculptures is to warm them up. I carry them around in my pockets for a while before I work with them.
- Once they are body temperature, they’ll be soft enough to knead easily.
- The bun is a mixture of 1 part chocolate, 1 part vanilla and 1/2 part orange.
- Roll two pieces of bun color into balls then flatten them slightly.
- I allowed the the bun halves to touch for this photo, but, I wouldn’t leave them touching for more than a minute. They will stick. It won’t seem like they could possibly stick the first time they touch, in fact you’ll have a hard time getting the sesame seed pieces to stick to the bun, but after a minute or two, you won’t be able to get them apart.
- The sesame seeds are vanilla and the burger is chocolate.
- I use a toothpick or fork to make rough edges for the burger patty.
- The cheese is just a piece of orange.
- Be sure to press this piece thin. It’s really easy to make them too thick. They seem pretty thin, but when you assemble them you’ll be surprised how tall your cheeseburger is.
- The lettuce is lime. The Frooties have a green apple flavor that would work for lettuce as well.
- The tomatoes are fruit punch flavored. I also use this flavor for ketchup.
- The fries are lemon.
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Make Cheeseburger and Fries from Tootsie Rolls.