Decoupage fabric to a mailbox that can be used outdoors! You can add painted wooden letters to personalize your mailbox, making it easy for you to be found.
- Mod Podge Outdoor
- FolkArt Outdoor Paint – Autumn Leaves
- Fabric – 1 yard, or enough to cover your mailbox
- Wood letters – to spell the saying of your choice
- Prepare your mailbox according to Mod Podge basics. Remove the flag and set aside.
- Prepare your fabric according to Mod Podge basics.
- Use your tape measure to determine the size of fabric that you need, and then cut your piece of fabric to that size.
- Use your Mod Podge Outdoor to adhere the fabric to the mailbox, working in sections at a time. Mod Podge dries quickly, so you will want to work in approximately 6" sections. Paint Mod Podge onto the surface of the mailbox, smooth the fabric down and then repeat until the entire mailbox is covered with fabric. Go back over the mailbox and smooth out any air bubbles with your hand.
- Use your scissors to punch a hole where the flag will be re-inserted after you finish.
- Paint your wood letters with Autumn Leaves. Allow to dry.
- Glue your wood letters to the mailbox with craft glue. Allow to dry.
- Cover the entire mailbox with a coat of Mod Podge Outdoor. Allow to dry and then apply another coat. Allow your mailbox to dry for at least 48 hours; reinsert your flag before using.
Find this and 11 other great decoupage crafts in our FREE "Quick and Easy Decoupage" eBook.