Punk Your Pup
By: Pattie Donham-Wilkinson
Show your puppy's attitude with a cute punk outfit. All you need are some iron-on crystals and fabric markers. In nine steps you can have a brand new outfit for your four-legged friend.
- Tulip® Fabric Markers
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion™ Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive™
- Tulip® Baby Couture™ Iron-On Applique™
- Tulip® Baby Couture™ Iron-On Transfer™
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Fashion Art Tweezers™
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- Faux leather trim with grommets – black – 1 yard
- Ironing cloth
- (2) Belts – black with silver buckles
- Dog hoodie – pink – 100% cotton
- (2) Hook & Loop closures
- Faux leather for cuffs – black – 3” strip
- Prewash dog hoodie. Position the Skull Bow Iron-On Appliqué on bottom left side of hoodie, design side up.
- Set iron to wool setting. Press iron onto appliqué and hold for 30 seconds. Flip hoodie inside out and repeat over appliqué area.
- If desired, position the Sweet Cheeks Iron-On Transfer on bottom right side of hoodie, design side up. Cover with thin cloth. Press using a firm, even, circular motion for one minute. Important: Immediately peel mylar away, starting at one corner and making sure design has completely transferred. Re-iron, if necessary.
- Draw the word “PUNK” on the middle of hoodie with Black Fabric Marker. Let dry.
- Use the Fashion Art Tweezers to position crystals on the word “PUNK.” Adhere with Cordless Heat-Setting Tool according to package instructions.
- Glue faux leather trim with grommets along the edge of the hood and bottom of hoodie with Fabric Fusion. Hold in place with clothespins until completely dry.
- Cut off the buckles from the belts about 3” up from the end. Glue to the sides of hoodie as shown.
- For cuffs, measure the dog’s front legs. Cut the 3” wide strip of black faux leather to size, adding 2”. Glue hook & loop closures to the edges.
- Paint ¼” dots along the edges of cuffs with Silver Metallics 3D Fashion Paint. Let dry.