By: Allee Marderosian from ilovetocreate
Create your own DIY shirt with Tulip graffiti and tie-dye kits. In 14 steps you can have the coolest-looking shirt around. Express your personal style in this DIY shirt from I Love to Create.
- Tulip® Fashion Form™
- Tulip® Fashion Art Resist™
- Tulip® Fashion Graffiti™ Big Phat Fabric Marker™
- Tulip® Fashion Graffiti™ Fabric Paint Cannon™
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kits™
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Tulip® Fashion Graffiti™ Stencils™
- Tulip® Fashion Graffiti™ Cannon Fabric Paint™
- Rush Hour
- Plastic trash bag
- Spray bottle
- T-shirt – white – 100% cotton
- Prewash and dry shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Cover work surface with Tulip® Surface Cover™. Lay dry shirt on prepared surface and insert plastic trash bag between layers of shirt.
- Use Fashion Art Resist to freehand draw a large peacock feather diagonally across front of shirt as shown. Let dry completely.
- Wearing plastic gloves from kit, fill dye bottles with water to fill line. Replace caps and shake bottles to thoroughly mix dye. Pour Blue dye into spray bottle.
- Spray Blue over the top of feather then pour remaining dye back into bottle and clean spray bottle. Pour Green dye into spray bottle. Spray Green around outside edges of feather. Pour remaining dye back into bottle and clean spray bottle.
- Leave plastic bag in between layers of T-shirt. Fill spray bottle with clean water then spray water over T-shirt to fully dampen.
- Squeeze Turquoise dye over un-dyed portions of shirt then flip shirt over and squeeze dye all over backside.
- Cover shirt with Surface Cover and let set for 4 to 6 hours. Wash shirt in warm water on a large load setting with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer.
- Place clean Surface Cover on work surface and lay shirt flat on surface, then place Fashion Form in between layers of shirt.
- Remove stencils from Peace & Love Pack and place on shirt where desired or where shown.
- Fill Fabric Paint Cannon with Blackout Cannon Fabric Paint then spray in PEACE stencil. Remove stencil and pour remaining color back into bottle. Thoroughly clean Paint Cannon.
- Pour Cosmopolitan Cannon Fabric Paint into Paint Cannon then spray over LOVE stencil. Remove stencil and pour remaining color back into bottle. Thoroughly clean Paint Cannon.
- Repeat step for Crown and Peace Symbol stencil, using Rush Hour for Crown and Skyline for Peace Symbol. Let all designs dry.
- Outline Peace Symbol and LOVE design with Blackout Fabric Marker then use Fire Hydrant Fabric Marker to add detail around LOVE design as shown. Let dry.