Thanksgiving doesn't just have to be about turkey and stuffing. Why not test your card making abilities and create a Thanksgiving Tea Time Invitation from Candace Jedrowicz? This is a fun way to gather friends and celebrate a season of love and gratitude.
- Candace Liccione designed a special herbal tea for this intimate get together. It’s a soothing and delicious blend of herbs that are so good for you. White tea with tangerine, cinnamon, sage, mint, star anise and blueberries. Chef Debbi Dubb’s cookbook, What’s in Your Pantry, is a wonderful way to learn basic recipes and learn how to cook what’s in season!
- I chose delicious autumn recipes from Debbi’s cookbook. Butternut Squash soup and fig compote for the scones. Her scone recipe was easy and so fabulous. Candace recommended sage and chives for the cream cheese finger sandwiches. Yum!
- Print out the both pdf files above. Print one set for each invitation.
- Starting with the outside, (the one with the tea set) cut the design out right up to the top and bottom edge and the left and right edge, but square the corners. Fold in half, lining up the the left and right edge points.
- Cut a narrow strip (1/8″) and lay it in the center fold.
- Line up the Tacky Double Stick Sheets out to the edges.
- Fill in the spaces with smaller cut pieces of tape to maximize and small pieces.
- Cut the design out with the backing still on the tape sheets. Now you have a design that will stick firmly right out to the very edge!
- Peel the backing off of the CENTER FOLD ONLY. Fold the card stock in half and gently drop the design into the fold. Firmly press to attach the center fold, then carefully peel the backing off the tape sheets one side at a time. Smooth from the center out.
- Turn the fold around so the design is on the outside.
- Repeat for the inside design. Add glitter glue if desired.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Tea Invitation Card.