Scarecrow Wood Box
By: Melony Bradley for Uchida of America, Corp.
Use paper punches to create a fun scarecrow box for autumn, Halloween or Thanksgiving. This easy craft from Uchida of America is great to do with kids.
- Marvy® Uchida Garden Craft Markers- Orange
- Marvy® Uchida Clever Lever Craft Punch-
- Mega - Scalloped Circle
- Super Jumbo - Scalloped heart, Country Star, Oval
- Extra Jumbo - Flower
- Jumbo - Circle, Leaf, Country heart
- Marvy® Uchida Le Plume marker- black
- Small wood box with oval handles
- Cardstock- dark brown, flesh, yellow, orange , green
- Medium wiggle eyes- two
- Beacon Adhesives™ Zip Dry™ Paper Glue
- Marvy® Paper Trimming Buddy- straight blade
- Use the Garden Craft Marker to paint the wood box orange. Use black marker to outline front of box and to write “Awesome Autumn” on wood box.
- Punch the following from the cardstock:
Dark Brown- one scalloped heart, one oval, one circle
Yellow- one flower, two stars
Flesh- one scalloped circle
Green- three leavesOrange- one country heart
- Cut rounded tops off scalloped heart to form top of hat. Cut oval in half to form bottom. Glue wiggle eyes and small heart for nose to flesh circle for face. Use Le plume pen to make remainder of details for face and to outline stars and make hat details.
- Assemble scarecrow from punches and adhere to front of wood box as shown. Glue leaves around scarecrow.