Decorate for Thanksgiving with this beautiful wood-burning project featuring a harvest wreath. A stamp helps creates the wreath which is then wood-burned and colored with oil pencils. You can use any Thanksgiving stamp you like for this project.
- Walnut Hollow® #24414 Creative Woodburner® Detailer
- Walnut Hollow® #3500 Basswood Country Planks, Small
- Walnut Hollow® #9912 Oil Colored Pencils, 12 Color Set
- PSX Rubber Stamp #K-1541
- PSX Rubber Stamp #G-1367 (or use rubber stamps of your choice)
- Ink Stamp Pad
- Other supplies: eraser, paper towel, pliers, Q-tip or blending stick, sandpaper, spray varnish, tape
- To prepare wood for stamping and woodburning, use sandpaper to lightly sand wood surface to a smooth finish.
- Use ink stamp pad to apply ink to rubber stamps. Press onto center of plaque and lift. Refer to picture for placement suggestions.
- Before using Creative Woodburner® Detailer, read directions and follow all safety precautions. Attach Mini-Flow Point to tool. Tighten with pliers. Use tape to secure stand to hard surface. Place tool on stand. Plug into electric outlet and let heat for 4-5 minutes. Practice on a scrap of wood before beginning project.
- Use Mini-Flow Point to burn all the lines of the stamped image. Do not press hard. Let the point glide over the wood. For darker woodburning, move slowly and woodburn the lines more than once. When woodburning is complete, unplug tool and let cool.
- Use eraser to remove any smudge marks.
- Use Oil Colored Pencils to add color to woodburned images. Use Q-tip or blending stick to blend colors.
- Apply 2-3 coats of spray varnish for a protective finish.