This simple thank-you card can be done in a half-hour. Just imagine how touched someone will be when they receive it from you! The design shows simple beauty of metals.
- Gray cardstock base
- Striped ecru paper
- Decorative ecru cardstock
- Kreinik Iron-on Ribbon in 6225 Gold
- Kreinik Iron-on #16 Braid in 6220 Filigree
- Kreinik Iron-on #8 Braid in 6220 Filigree
- "Thank you" stamp and gold stamp pad
- Decorative metal clip
- Kreinik Teflon Press Cloth
- Treasure Tape sheets or glue stick
- Double-sided adhesive foam square
- Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- With Treasure Tape or glue, attach your decorative striped paper to your gray cardstock base.
- Make vertical rows of Medium #16 Iron-on Braid 6220 Filigree on striped ecru paper: lay the thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon Press Cloth and press for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue this way, working your design in sections.
- Make horizontal rows of 1/8" Iron-on Ribbon in 6225 Gold and #8 Iron-on Braid in 6220 Filigree on decorative ecru paper with torn edges. Before ironing the thread onto your paper, slip on a decorative clip or silver button, then iron down the thread, thus securing the clip/button. With Treasure Tape or glue, attach this decorated paper to your striped/cardstock base. - Stamp "Thank you" in gold onto ecru cardstock and mount it onto your card with a foam square.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.