Texture sheets come in an assortment of “textures” from distinct patterns to simple lines. Rubber texture sheets can also be used for stamping images when ink or paint is used.
- The thickness and flexibility of texture sheets also varies from thin and bendable to thick and rigid. Texture sheets are also available in rubber.
- Textures include dots, grids, stars, snowflakes, butterflies, flowers, wavy lines, curls, wood grains, leaves, gravel, stones, bricks, linen, burlap, lace, knits, bubbles, plaids, and squiggles.
- This is a form of embossing. The surface is raised by means of molding or burnishing. The deeper the pattern is etched, the most texture you will achieve. Mix and combine soft texture with harder textures.
- Texture sheets are used to add texture to other materials from commercial paper to air-drying clay to polymer clay to handmade papers.
- You can use both sides of some texture sheets to give 2 different effects.
- To use with clays like paper clay or polymer clay: Roll out clay into a thin sheet. Place texture sheet on top of the clay and using a roller, press down and let the clay sink into the texture sheet. Remove clay from texture sheet and use. You can also use a pasta machine.
- You can use materials like Puffy Paper with texture sheets. Place texture sheet on top of this product and run through a die/embossing system or pasta machine. The Puffy Paper will flatten and take on the imprint of the texture sheet.
- You can texturize commercial papers with texture sheets. Place paper on top of texture sheet and rubbed with a burnisher/embossing tool. Rub softly to avoid ripping or tearing the paper. You can also use a die/embossing system or pasta machine.
- Thin metals can be texturized easily with texture sheets. Run through a die/embossing system, pasta machine, or burnish.
- Texture adds variety, depth, dimension, and interest to materials. Textured materials can then be used in scrapbooking, cardmaking, collage, altered art, and the paper arts.
- Always clean your texture sheets and store flat with no weight on top.