Ice Cream Tray
By: Plaid Enterprises
This tray is a cute Plaid summer craft project you can make. Serve all your guests ice cream on the tray for a nice presentation. Stencils and stamps are used.
- 1184 - FolkArt ® One Stroke™ Brushes - Flat, 1"
- 1271 - FolkArt ® One Stroke™ Brushes - Script Liner, #1
- 20211 - Apple Barrel ® Colors - Light Leaf Green, 2 oz.
- 20221 - Apple Barrel ® Colors - Kiwi, 2 oz.
- 20503 - Apple Barrel ® Colors - White, 2 oz.
- 20504 - Apple Barrel ® Colors - Black, 2 oz.
- 20521 - Apple Barrel ® Colors - Nutmeg Brown, 2 oz.
- 20533 - Apple Barrel ® Colors - Crimson, 2 oz.
- 28669 - Simply ® Stencils - Value Packs - Circles & Squares
- 34048 - Stencil Decor ® Brushes - Stencil Brush, 1/2"
- 34058 - Stencil Decor ® Brushes - Stencil Brush, 5/8"
- 58857 - Simply ® Stamps - Foam - Double-sided - Funky Alphabet
- 895 - FolkArt ® Finishes - Outdoor Sealer - Gloss, 2 oz.
- Masking tape
- Wooden tray
- Basecoat tray with Black. Allow to dry.
- Mask off 1" border around bottom edge of tray. Paint the inside with Kiwi.
- While area is still masked, stamp “YUM!” randomly with Light Leaf Green using both sides of the stamps.
- Mask off an upside down triangle that is about 2" across the top. Paint with Nutmeg Brown.
- Stencil the 2" circle with White, overlapping the triangle. With the script liner and Black, paint diagonal stripes as shown.
- Overlap a second 2" circle over the striped one and stencil with White. May need a few coats. With the paintbrush handle and Black, add polka dots.
- Using the 3/4" circle, stencil the cherry with Crimson. Add cherry accents and stem with script liner and Black.
- Tape off a 1" wide stripe around outside edge of tray. Paint White. With the 1" circle stencil and Black, stencil a row of circles inside the white stripe around the tray.
- Seal with gloss sealer.