Light up your night with this unique choker and earrings set from Katie Hacker, featuring gold braids and aqua beads. The combination is perfect for summer dancing.
- Beadalon memory wire, necklace size, gold plated
- 30 in. length - Beadalon 7 Strand wire .015 in., gold color
- 3 plus 4 - 6mm Aqua bicone fire-polish glass beads
- 3 plus 2 - 8mm Aqua bicone fire-polish glass beads
- 12 - 6/0 or E Aqua seed beads
- 12 plus 12 - 6/0 or E Gold seed beads
- 6 - Crimp beads, gold plated
- 1 - Crimp tube, gold plated
- 2 - 3mm Memory wire end caps, gold plated
- 6 - 2 in. Head pins, gold plated
- 2 - 6mm Jump rings, gold plated
- 2 - Ball & spring French ear wires, gold plated
- BeadFix adhesive
- Designer memory wire shears
- Designer chain nose pliers
- Designer crimper (optional)
- Designer round nose pliers
- Beadalon nipper tool
Make the Necklace:
- Cut 11/2 continuous loops of necklace-size memory wire using memory wire shears. Note: Do not use anything but memory wire shears to cut memory wire. Its tempered hardness will ruin other cutters. Cut the Beadalon 7 Strand into three equal lengths.
- Hold the Beadalon 7 Strand wires together. Fold them in half over the center of the memory wire loops. Hold the wires from each piece together to form three sections with two wires in each.
- Braid the wires together for 2 ¾ in. Slip a crimp tube over the end of the braid. Crimp it.
- String a gold bead, aqua bicone bead, followed by another gold bead and crimp bead onto each wire end. Position the beads at different levels (see photo). Crimp the crimp beads to fix the beads in place. Trim excess wire tails.
- String six aqua seed beads onto the memory wire on each side of the braided pendant. Place a drop of glue inside the outer beads to hold them in place.
- Glue a memory wire end cap onto each end of the necklace.
Make the Earrings:
- String the following beads onto each head pin: gold, aqua, gold. Use round nose pliers to make a loop 1 in. above the 6mm beads and 1 ½ in. above the 8mm beads. Attach three pins to each jump ring (see photo). Attach a jump ring to each ear wire.
Tip: For a fresh twist, try this design in other color combinations like pink with silver, red with gold or always hip lime green on silver.