A Wet Bag Tutorial
By: Little Birdie Secrets
This wet bag craft idea can be used for your swimsuits! Just place your wet suit in this vinyl lined bag and keep your car seats dry. Your suit will no longer trail soppy water! Use this tutorial from Little Birdie Secrets and give these bags as gifts too.
- Fabric of your choice. It can be cotton, denim, flannel, or whatever you want.
- Zipper-mine was 14 inches.
- Plastic or vinyl. I bought mine at Walmart super cheap. It feels like a thin plastic shower curtain. If you can’t find this at your local fabric store, you could always try a very inexpensive shower curtain.
- I cut my fabric and plastic 12 inches by 14 inches. You can make yours bigger or smaller. Just make sure you have a zipper that is long enough. I would make sure it was a couple inches longer than your cut pieces.
- Place the zipper right side up along the top 12 inch side of your plastic/vinyl. Place your fabric, right side down on the zipper lining up the top edges (12 inch side). Sew it together. Take your time because the plastic/vinyl is slippery and likes to move around.
- Open up your two pieces and top stitch down through the outside fabric, zipper, and plastic.
- Just repeat steps two and three on the other side. Sandwich the already sewn side between the plastic and the outer fabric, lining up the top 12 inch edges.
- Open up your zipper halfway.
- Open up the fabric so the outer layers are together, right sides together. Line the vinyl/plastic up. Starting at one side sew three of the four sides together. Be sure to leave the vinyl/plastic 12 inch side alone. Do not sew that side together.
- Very carefully, pull the sewn fabric layer up through the bag and turn the whole bag inside out.
- Fold in the 12 inch side of plastic/vinyl in by a quarter to a half an inch. Sew this side. Then very carefully push this vinyl back into the bag.
- You’re done! Zip the bag shut and you now have your own wet bag.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!