Use this tutorial from Consumer Crafts to learn how to cut styrofoam into any shape, including this festive shamrock. This makes an easy St. Patrick's Day craft.
- Electric knife or serrated knife
- Scrap paper for pattern
- First, begin by tracing out your pattern on a scrap piece of paper. Draw whatever shape you want.
- Next, mark your pattern onto the Styrofoam with a blunt instrument, I used a metal chopstick but the tip of a paint brush would work well, also.
- Begin by cutting the straight edges first. To not damage your work surface-be sure to use a cutting board or cutting mat.
- To finish the design slowly cut the curves of the Styrofoam running your knife along the edge at an angle.
- Several pieces of Styrofoam can be glued together or even stacked one on top of the other to form a design.