These free St. Patrick's Day crafts from Amanda Formaro make great homemade gifts. Make a pot of gold card to give to your favorite Irishman this year to celebrate the holiday.
- 5"x7" piece of light green card stock or construction paper
- black construction paper or card stock
- tan, yellow or gold construction paper or card stock
- white craft glue
- construction paper OR patterned card stock papers in the following colors or shades: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple
- Fold 5"x7" light green card stock in half to create the card. Use the pattern to cut out all the necessary pieces from colored papers.
- Glue the rainbow pieces in place first. Next glue on the black pot, then the band for the pot. Finally glue on the "pieces of gold".
- Variations: Instead of card stock for the band, you can use a gold glitter. Another idea is to add little dots of gold glitter to the "pieces of gold" in the pot.
Note: Don't buy sheets and sheets of expensive papers. We used Sizzix brand paper pads, known as Little Sizzles. We used papers from both the Pastels (40-0014) pad and the Watercolors (40-0015) pad. These pads can be found in the scrapbooking aisle of your local craft store. Ours cost $4.99 per pad, each pad has 4 sheets of each solid cardstock, 3 sheets of each pattern paper, there are 80 acid free sheets total per pad. These papers were made for the Sizzix Die Cutting Machine. We have used these pads for many different projects, including our Charming Valentine Greeting Cards, our Quilted Keepsake Box, as well as our Decoupage Coin Banks.