Show off your Irish pride or simply enjoy the design with this shamrock and green bead necklace perfect for St. Patrick's Day from Rings & Things. Find more St. Patrick's Day crafts, recipes and fun facts in our FREE St. Patrick's Day eBook.
Materials (Available from Rings & Things):
- 2 #41-559 2x2mm crimp tubes, sterling silver
- 1 #39-548 10mm lobster clasp, sterling silver
- 22 #05-301-04-12 4mm Swarovski® crystal bicones, emerald
- 4 #05-601-06-12 6mm Swarovski crystal cubes, emerald
- 1 vial #20-228-378 Size 11 Toho® seed beads, emerald/silver-lined
- 9 #28-359-04-412 12mm foil-lined glass heart beads, translucent mint
- 3 #37-557 1” ball end extra-thin head pins, sterling silver
- 1 #37-245 3.3mm round jump ring, sterling silver
- 20” #61-723-49-02 0.018” 49-strand Beadalon® wire, black
- side cutter
- sround-nose pliers
- flat-nose pliers
- Place one foil-lined heart on a sterling head pin. The ‘dimple’ of the heart should be at the bottom of the head pin. Using roundnose pliers, make a small loop (pictured below). Repeat two more times, for a total of three heart dangles. Set aside.
- Cut approximately 20" to 22" of Beadalon. (Finished length of the necklace pictured is 17.5".)
- String the Beadalon through one crimp tube and one sterling jump ring.
- String the Beadalon back through the crimp tube. Flatten the crimp tube with flat-nose pliers, and trim excess Beadalon.
- String seed beads, crystal bicones, crystal cubes and one foil-lined heart bead onto Beadalon, as shown in picture. Add one seed bead, one heart dangle, one seed bead and one foil-lined heart. Continue repeating pattern as shown. Hint: In example pictured, 9 seed beads separate the crystal bicones. To lengthen or shorten the necklace, add or subtract seed beads in equal amounts between the bicones.
- Finish necklace by adding one crimp bead and the sterling lobster clasp. String Beadalon back through crimp tube and a few seed beads. Flatten crimp bead and trim excess Beadalon.