Here's a fun St. Patrick's Day craft for kids from Amanda Formaro. These Felt Leprechaun Hat Magnets are fun for everyone to make. You could also attach a pin backing and wear them on your shirt. Everyone is Irish on St. Pattie's Day, so show your pride!
Scraps of black and yellow felt
Shamrock button or a green tri-bead
White craft glue or hot glue
Pin back or magnet
- Cut a basic hat shape from a piece of green felt. Use this pattern if you like.
- Cut a strip of black to fit across the hat for the rim.
- Cut a yellow felt square and a black felt square, the black one should be smaller than the yellow.
- Glue the black strip to the hat for the rim. Glue the yellow square to the black strip and the black square on top of the yellow square to make a buckle.
- Glue sharock button or green tri-bead to the upper right corner of the hat.
- Glue a pin back or magnet to the back of the hat.