Looking for some ideas for st patricks day cards? Or are you surprised that we are highlighting st patricks day cards at all? St. Patrick’s Day is a popular holiday here in America and not just for those celebrating all things Irish. St. Patrick’s Day is also an opportunity to celebrate the coming of spring. While you may not see St. Patrick on a card, you are sure to see lots of green, shamrocks and flowers on st patricks day cards. These st patricks day cards remind people of the beauty in nature.
Of course, celebrating the Irish on St. Patrick’s Day is also common. In the U.S., chances are you are Irish, have some Irish ancestry or have a good friend with Irish ancestry. In fact, the number of people in the U.S. who claim Irish ancestry is almost nine times the current population of Ireland. If you live in Massachusetts, where 1 in 4 people claim Irish ancestry, you definitely know an Irishman or two. In this article, you will find some great ideas for st patricks day cards to send to those you know this holiday.
If you are Irish, throwing a party or love to participate in holiday decorating, these st patricks day cards can be used as decoration in your own home. St patricks day cards are also a fun activity for families to do together. Since the most popular symbol of St. Patrick’s Day is a shamrock, here are 7 ways to decorate st patricks day cards on that theme.
7 Lucky St Patricks Day Cards:
- Die-Cut- Use an electronic cutting machine and a shamrock die to create beautiful embellishments for cards. Patterned scrapbook paper also adds a nice touch, like in this Happy St. Patrick’s Day Card using Sizzix dies. (shown above)
- Glitter- Pick up some green glitter. Make a fine tip on your glue bottle with this technique. Draw a shamrock shape on your card with the glue and sprinkle with glitter. Shake off the excess. You can have only a shamrock outline or fill in the shamrock with a brush of glue and a sprinkle of green glitter. This Good Luck project has great suggestions for painting and glittering shamrocks.
- Green Napkin- Use a green napkin to add a shamrock shape to your card. You will need an adhesive designed for delicate materials, such as the Paper Adhesive used in this St. Patrick’s Day Card from USArtQuest.
- Heart Cookie Cutter/Stencil and Green Acrylic Paint- Take a small heart-shaped cookie cutter or stencil and use to outline the three-leaves of a shamrock with a pencil. Fill in the leaves with green acrylic paint and add a curved line of green for the stem.
- Friendly Plastic- Use friendly plastic to add a beautiful shamrock embellishment to any card, like this Lucky Clover project. If you are looking for an impressive gift, allow your recipient to remove the shamrock and use as a pin or pendant.
- Stamps- Use a shamrock stamp or a small heart stamp, used in the method above, to embellish a plain card. Celtic knots are also a fun stamp for st patricks day cards.
- Felt- Make a shamrock with store-bought craft felt or homemade felt. An old green sweater would be a great material for this project.
Plus 2 New Lucky St. Patrick's Day Cards
- Pot of Gold Card- These free St. Patrick's Day crafts make great homemade gifts. Make a pot of gold card to give to your favorite Irishman this year to celebrate the holiday.
- Sparkly Shamrock Card- St. Patrick's Day cards are a fun and thrifty way to celebrate the holiday and tell someone they're special to you. Make this sparkly shamrock card to celebrate your Irish heritage.