Spring Petals Sign
By: Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza for Plaid
Decorate a sign spelling out "SPRING" with scrapbook papers and other embellishments. This spring craft project from Cathie & Steve is a fun way to bring color into your home.
- 652 - FolkArt ® Metallics - Rose, 2 oz.
- 954 - FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Fresh Foliage, 2 oz.
- CS11205 - Mod Podge ® Gloss, 4 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ – 2782 Glitter Hologram
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ – 2776 Peridot
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ – Gold
- Papier-mâché letters that spell SPRING
- Scrapbook paper – pink and green prints
- Foam paintbrushes
- Ribbon – various colors
- Silk flower petals pink – large and small
- Silk flower petals yellow
- Crocheted flower trim
- Hot Glue
- Paint each letter with 2 coats of either fresh foliage or rose paint. Paint the fresh foliage letters with 2 coats of extreme glitter peridot and the rose letters with extreme glitter hologram. Allow for dry time in between coats.
- Trace the letters onto the back of the scrapbook paper. Cutout the letters. Apply Mod Podge to the back of the paper letters. Center on the painted letters, top coat with Mod Podge. Use your fingers to press out any air bubbles. Smooth your brush strokes.
- Hot glue ribbon around the letters. Hot glue the letters on top of each other in a layered design.
- Paint the large pink petals with extreme glitter gold. Allow to dry. Using hot glue, layer the petals, flower trim and rhinestones around the letters. Glue rhinestones to the letters in a random pattern.