On the hunt for spring table decorations, centerpieces, or DIY projects? This Festive Spring Canister from Beacon Adhesives is great for holding Easter eggs, candy, or colored pencils. Bring spring indoors with fun and easy spring crafts!
- Liquid Laminate
- Zip Dry Paper Glue
- 4” tin/metal canister
- Two small flower paper punches in different sizes
- Small leaf paper punch
- Light green, medium rickrack
- Blue and yellow cardstock
- Green acrylic craft paint
- Plaid decorative paper—pink, blue & yellow
- Green decorative paper
- Grosgrain yellow ribbon, 1⁄4” wide
- White tissue paper, good quality
- White dimensional paper paint
- Craft brush, 1⁄2” wide, flat & soft
- Paper crimper, paper cutter, scissors, ruler
- Apply LIQUID LAMINATE to canister (following bottle directions) with the craft brush, one section at a time. Tear tissue paper in small pieces and put over wet LIQUID LAMINATE. Continue until entire canister is covered with white tissue.
- Paint entire canister with green acrylic paint.
- Punch out leaves from the green decorative paper with leaf punch and glue randomly with ZIP DRY on container. After paint dries, add another coat of LIQUID LAMINATE to entire container. Let dry. (Additional coats of LIQUID LAMINATE will give a higher gloss finish to container.)
- Cut a 1 ½” wide strip of plaid paper long enough to fit around the container plus ½” for overlapping. Run through paper crimper. Glue with ZIP DRY to the center of the canister.
- Measure and cut a length of the yellow grosgrain ribbon to fit around the center of the paper band. Glue ribbon onto band with ZIP DRY.
- Punch out enough flowers from the yellow and blue cardstocks to fit onto ribbon. Alternate flowers and glue onto ribbon with ZIP DRY. Let dry.
- Add dots of white dimensional paint to center of the flowers and glue onto canister.
- Glue rickrack around top rim of the canister. Use canister to hold pens, pencils, candy, paperclips, etc.