Looking for decoupage ideas that celebrate all of the wonderful aspects of spring? Make a Decoupaged Clay Pot from Linda Peterson! Take a plain pot and make it shine - literally! This is a fun craft that doesn't take long to complete.
- 4” clay pot – or size of choice
- Decorative paper of choice (neutral color and background or use newsprint)
- Collage image(s) (a bird motif was used in this project – courtesy of Graphicsfairy.com)
- Collage Pauge Glossy
- Black acrylic paint
- Sponge brush
- Sanding block
- Paint rim and under rim with acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
- Cut out paper from pattern. Apply decoupage medium to paper and clay pot. Apply paper, smoothing edges. Allow to dry.
- Cut out decorative image and decoupage onto front of clay pot. Allow to dry.
- Sand paint in random areas around the rim.
- Apply decoupage medium to entire pot to seal and make water resistant.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Decoupaged Bird Print Clay Pot.