Crafting with kids is a great way to bring you closer with your child. Hit a home run with your little leaguer, spending time together crafting souvenir-style baseball cap personalized with tiny treasures.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Acrylic paint, your choice for baseball cap
- Craft foam: 2mm sheet, your choice for baseball cap bill; precut letters to spell name, assorted contrasting colors
- Sports-theme and other special mementos, including magazine/comic cutouts, stickers, acrylic charms, buttons, ticket stubs, etc.
- Serrated knife
- Old candle
- Small disposable container
- Stiff-bristle paintbrush
- Thick, white craft glue
- (NOTE: An adult should perform this step; children should never handle sharp knives.) Cut foam ball in half with serrated knife; for easier, smoother cutting, wax knife blade first with old candle.
- Paint one half ball desired color. Reserve remaining half for a future project.
- Using pattern, cut the bill from craft foam. Glue half ball to bill, positioning cap so back corners of craft foam are just covered and bill extends at front.
- Personalize cap by gluing foam letters to spell name centered on front of bill.
- Cut out desired images from magazines and comics. Arrange and glue these cutouts and other mementos to baseball cap as desired.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.