Want a centerpiece that looks good enough to eat? How about a gift idea that is bound to leave a sweet impression? Stacking tins to look like a cake adds whimsy and style. The options are endless but here is an easy way to create a lasting effect and this project from Krylon is sure to stack up!
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - White (#51315)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Bright White (#53517)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Gum Drop (#51513)
- Krylon Matte Finish - Clear (#1311)
- 1 extra large size round tin
- 1 large size round tin
- 1 med. size round tin
- 1 small size round tin
- 1 extra small size round tin
- Fresh or faux hydrangeas or other flowers that align with your color palette
- Blue painters tape
- Start by spraying all the tins with Krylon Primer. It the tins already have a design on them that you are trying to cover, you may need to spray a couple layers of primer. Allow paint to dry between layers.
- Once all tins are evenly coated and dry, spray all the tins with the Krylon Satin Bright White. Wait for the paint to completely dry.
- Take the extra large, medium and extra small tins and tape evenly spaced vertical lines all around the side of each tin.
- Cover the top and bottom of each tin used in the previous step with either tape or newspaper and spray Krylon Gum Drop around the side of each tin.
- After the paint dries, carefully remove the tape from the sides.
- Finish off with a protective coat of Krylon Matte Finish.
- Decorate with fresh or faux hydrangeas or other flowers that align with your color palette.
- Display with cake accessories on a table or even on a cake plate or cake pedestal.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.