This is a great tutorial by Maria Williamson. You can make your own DIY soap in the comfort of your home. Make any color soap to match the decor of your bathroom or kitchen.
- 4 oz Melt and Pour Clear soap
- 1 Drop Green liquid skin safe colorant (I used Green)
- ¾ tsp scent of choice (I used Eucalyptus)
- A spray bottle with rubbing alcohol in it
- A 4 oz soap mold or other flexible container like a yogurt tub
- Gather your supplies.
- Lay your mold on a flat protected surface.
- Cut your melt and pour soap into chunks and place them in a heat safe container.
- Place it in the microwave and cover with plastic wrap to retain moisture. Melt on 30 second burst until almost all the soap is melted. Stir to finish melting the left over chunks of soap. You don’t want your soap to get too hot or it will burn and smell bad.
- Add the drop of color; you can add more if you want it darker but I was going for a translucent glass look on this one. Add your scent, stir well.
- Pour into the mold. You will see bubbles like in the picture below. Quickly spray with rubbing alcohol to break them up. See the difference?
- Let this set up for at least an hour. They release better if they are allowed to set up over night. Unlike Cold Process soaps these are ready for use immediately. There you go, a beautiful bar of soap for yourself or a wonderful gift!