What a cool and breezy tee-shirt craft! These Sweet Summer Shirts from Allee Marderosian of I Love to Create are made for sunny days. If you are looking for a fun tie dye idea, this one's for you!
- Tulip® Fashion Form™
- Tulip® Dye Techniques Kit™
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Fashion Art Tweezers™
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- Paper towels
- Plastic cup or foam plate
- T-shirt – white – 100% cotton
- Tank top – white – 100% cotton
- Prewash tank to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with Tulip® Surface Cover™. Lay damp tank on prepared surface.
- Wearing plastic gloves, add water to dye bottles to lines indicated on bottles. Replace caps tightly and shake until dye is dissolved.
- Remove cap from Fuchsia dye and replace with spray nozzle. Spray onto right side and across middle of tank. Spray Lime dye onto middle of tank, cleaning nozzle thoroughly before placing on Lime dye bottle.
- Poor Turquoise dye onto foam plate or in a plastic cup. Dip foam brush into Turquoise and brush light lines onto tank, starting at the top left and moving down middle of shirt. Refer to photo.
- Cover tank with Surface Cover and let sit 4 to 6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap and dry in dryer.
- Once dry, lay out tank on clean surface and place Fashion Form™ between layers of fabric. Use the Fashion Art Tweezers™ to place clear crystals randomly over front of tank.
- Use the Cordless Heat-Setting Tool™ to adhere crystals in place according to package instructions.
- Remove cap from Lime dye and replace with spray nozzle. Spray onto entire front of shirt.
- Poor Turquoise dye onto foam plate or in a plastic cup. Dip foam brush into Turquoise and brush light lines onto top half of shirt, moving from top toward bottom. Refer to photo.
- Cover fabric with Surface Cover and let sit 4 to 6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap and dry in dryer.