Use soft fabric paint, fabric dye and stencils to create this cool shirt with a bit of bling. Use to celebrate graduation or simply to show class pride. Find this craft and 17 other graduation crafts in our FREE Graduation Craft eBook.
- Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dyes™
- Tulip® Multi-Surface Stencil™
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- Self adhesive shelf paper, clear
- Disposable containers, small, 3
- Garbage bag
- Tee shirt, white
- Low tack masking tape
- Cosmetic sponge
- Plastic tablecloth
- Craft knife
- Fine point marker, black
1. Prewash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with tablecloth. Lay damp shirt onto work surface.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottle. Replace cap tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
4. Squeeze full strength dye onto lower fourth of shirt. Pour remaining dye into separate container until bottle is ¾ full. Add water to top of bottle.
5. Squeeze mixture onto next quarter of shirt, slightly overlapping first dyed area. Pour remaining mixture into container until bottle is ¾ full. Fill bottle with water.
6. Squeeze new mixture onto next quarter of shirt. Repeat procedure once more to create a total of four shades of brown.
7. Cover shirt with garbage bag. Let set for 4 to 6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer or line dry.
8. Cut apart Block Alphabet Stencils to spell words, using scissors. Position onto shirt. Enlarge borders of letters and create a margin around stencil to protect shirt from paint, using masking tape.
9. Choose a computer font or draw numbers by hand to create number stencil. Trace numbers, using marker. Cut out.
10. Trace numbers face down onto back of shelf paper. Cut out to create stencil, using craft knife.
11. Remove back of shelf paper. Position onto shirt.
12. Squeeze a puddle of Soft Fabric Paint onto foil. Tap sponge into paint. Tap sponge onto a clean area of foil to remove excess paint. Tap sponge into openings of stencils, reloading as needed. Carefully remove stencils. Let dry.
13. Prepare Cordless Heat-Setting Tool. Arrange Iron-On Crystals to fill in numbers, using tweezers. Gently touch tip of tool onto top of each Crystal for 5 to 6 seconds to adhere.