Angel in Disguise Wearable Project
Tulip Fashion Glitter adds glam to this angelic design. It’s easy to apply with Tulip Glitter Bond and then it’s machine washable!
- Tulip Fashion Glitter™
- 23550 Silver Fine Jewel
- 23553 Orange Jewel
- 23555 Apple Red Jewel
- 23557 Royal Blue Jewel
- Tulip Mini Fashion Iron
- Tulip Sticky Fabric Stencils
- Tulip Soft Fabric Paint™
- BI15784 Glacier White
- BI15801 Ebony
- Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond
- Large sponge
- Deep blue t-shirt
- Freezer paper
- Small tip paintbrush
- Prewash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cut both arms and neckline off of shirt (see photo). On back of shirt, cut a line down the middle until 7” from bottom of shirt. Using extra material from sleeves, cut a strip 3” x 1-1/2” to use as tie for middle back of shirt. Using scissors, cut a slit 1’’ wide, ½” in from both sides of shirt at center back. Use strip of fabric to tie a knot holding the two sides of shirt together.
- Fold a 24” piece of freezer paper in half lengthwise. Draw a 20” long wing on one side of freezer paper. Keep folded and cut out wing, leaving border of freezer paper as your stencil.
- On ironing surface, place back of shirt together. Place wing stencil on back of shirt, shiny side of freezer paper face down. Iron to adhere.
- Place a small amount of White and Ebony paint on foil and mix together until light grey. Using sponge, apply mixture inside stencil until wing is solid. Let dry. Remove stencil.
- Place flame stencil, sticky side down, on wing. Using an applicator, lightly dab Glitter Bond in stencil openings. Lightly pour Glitter in desired order on glue. Using a piece of foil, gently press down on glitter design to make sure glitter contacts with glue. Proceed with this step until both wings are completely covered using photo as a guide. Let dry.
- Turn shirt over. Squeeze a small amount of Glitter Bond on foil. Dip paintbrush in Glitter Bond. On bottom left corner of shirt freehand the word Angel. Lightly pour Glitter on glue and let dry. When the shirt is completely dry, shake glitter off over a garbage can to get rid of excess glitter or tap over paper and save.
- Wait 72 hours to wash. Turn inside out. Machine wash warm on gentle cycle. Do not use harsh detergents or bleach.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!