Sherpa Messenger Bag
By: Springs Creative
Use sherpa suede to create this comfortable and functional messenger bag. This easy-to-sew bag is great for daily errands.
- Sherpa Suede Fabric from Springs Creative
- Sewing Machine and Thread
- Use ½”seam allowance unless otherwise noted.
- Read all instructions before beginning project.
- All seams will be sewn together with Sherpa side to Sherpa side.
- Use the longest possible straight stitch for all seams.
- Cut one 3”x 55” for strap.
- Cut one 15”x 12” for bag front.
- Cut one 15”x 22” for bag back/flap.
- Cut one 3x 15” for bag bottom.
- Cut two 3x 12” bag sides.
- Turn and pin the Sherpa edge ½” onto the suede side along both 55” edges of the strap. Topstitch both sides ¼” from the raw edge.
- Pin and sew the bag bottom to the bag front.
- Pin and sew the bag bottom to the bag back.
- Pin and sew the bag side to the bag front/back. Beginning with the bag front, sew down to the bag bottom and with the needle in the down position pivot at the corner, sew across the bottom and then up the back side. Repeat for the other side.
- Pin the straps to the sides of the bag and stitch the X to reinforce the strap. This is a good time to adjust the length of the strap as needed to fit you body.
- Turn and pin Sherpa edge of the bag flap ½” onto the suede side, topstitch around ¼” from the raw edge.