This Easy Fabric Laundry Tote from Heather Valentine is great for those who are looking for beginner sewing projects. This creative and easy to make laundry bag will keep clothes organized between washes!
- Color Fast Fabric Sheet for printer (optional)
- Cut 1 piece of fabric 11 1/2″ x 28 1/2″. This will make a finished bag 11″ wide x 14″ long.
- Turn under each end for a clean finish and single needle top stitch.
- I added some fabric scraps and a fun name tag to make them pretty for my girls. The name tag was super simple to make. I used June Tailor Sew in Colorfast fabric sheets and a frame graphic from the Graphics Fairy.
- To keep the project easy, I am adding the zipper to the outside of bag. *meaning the zipper tape is exposed on the face of the bag. Pin zipper in place and with your zipper foot attachment, straight stitch the zipper to each end. **Tip- place a ruler between the layers of your bag when pinning. This will prevent you from pinning through both layers.
- Depending on the length of your zipper, you may need to open and close the zipper when stitching to accommodate bulk from the zipper head. I added an extra zig zag stitch along the bottom edge of tape for stability. *if using a zipper that is longer, just be sure to bar tack at the end as a stopper.
- Turn your bag right side out and add a fabric loop if you like. To make the loop fold a scrap in half lengthwise and zig zag down the center for stability. Fold stitched loop in half again and stitch to the upper corner of your bag. I even added a row of 1/4″ single needle stitching along the top edge to keep the bag from twisting.