"Sewing for Beginners" eBook
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Sewing for Beginners Free eBook
Find great sewing projects for beginners!
Sewing for Beginners comes complete with beginner sewing projects that will surely get your fingers warmed up and help build your confidence for more complicated projects. It doesn't matter if you've never picked up a sewing needle in your life because this eBook will have the perfect sewing projects for beginners of all ages. Download this eBook so that you can always refer back to it when you need a few extra beginner sewing projects to complete in a pinch. Now you won't have to turn down another "costume mom" flier again. You will soon have the confidence you need to go forth and tackle more intricate sewing projects.
Sewing for Beginners Table of Contents
To celebrate National Sewing Month in September, we put together this great sewing resource for anyone learning to sew, anyone interested in learning how to sew and even those you who have been sewing for years. In Sewing for Beginners, you will find the essential materials needed for sewing, a guide to sewing needles and handy tips for caring for fabric. While our beginner’s guide does not have quite the depth of our sewing dictionary, we think it’s a good start.
Free sewing patterns are a great resource for those learning how to sew, especially easy patterns with uncomplicated stitches and minimal measuring. This sewing eBook includes 20 different sewing projects from super simple to intermediate, including pillows, clothing and bags. Because every sewer needs a pincushion or two, we start off this collection with three unique pincushion crafts. Pincushions are a great way to use up scrap fabric and add a little color to your sewing room.
The Editors of FaveCrafts
Bag Sewing Patterns
Bow Bag Sewing Tutorial (pg. 17) - You can never have enough bags, right? This is especially true with a free sewing pattern. Beccy from Wipster used scraps of upholstery fabric and an old pair of jeans to make this cute Bow Bag. The top has a drawstring so it can expand when you need it to, but draw it up for security (and cuteness).
Ribbon Stripe Bag (pg. 21) - Various colored ribbons and wood handles become a unique little bag, like this one perfect for Halloween. The project is quick and easy, as the bag and lining are made together.
Jewelry Pouch or Sachet (pg. 33) - Sew up a scalloped pouch in shiny lame fabric for keeping jewelry or holding potpourri or dried herbs as a sachet. Decorative thread creates a contrast on the pretty scalloped edge.
Pillow Sewing Patterns
Heating Pillow with Buckwheat (pg. 13) - Sew up an easy pillow filled with buckwheat to serve as a heating pad. Buckwheat holds the heat (or cold) better than rice or other grains and is hypoallergenic, since buckwheat is not actually a cereal or grass. Add a few drops of your favorite fragrance oil, or just enjoy the smell of buckwheat. You can also use this pillow as a wrist pillow when working with your computer mouse. This project comes to us from Jenya of MyEvaForeva. She has two Etsy shops at forEvaMore and EvaForeva
Recycled Sweater Throw Pillows (pg. 15) - This eco-crafting idea uses sweaters found at thrift stores or in the backs of closets to create cozy pillows. For the best results, look for sweaters with embellishments or great texture. This project comes to us compliments of Heidi Borchers for Inspired at Home.
Easy Felt Pillows (pg. 16) - Use felt squares to stitch easy pillows with flowers or personalized initials. This is a great easy sewing project for beginners.
Download your free copy of Sewing for Beginners today!
Clothing Sewing Patterns
Sweet Collar Sewing Tutorial (pg. 36) - Create a fun and pretty collar to wear over any outfit with this easy sewing tutorial. Anyone can make this tieon collar in the fabric of your choice.
Woven Edge Cardigan (pg. 48) - Turn a boring crewneck sweatshirt into a fashionable cardigan with woven edge and matching cuffs. Colorful strips of fabric are woven with metallic threads and various yarns for the cardigan edge.
Reversible Scrap Fabric Apron (pg. 38) - Hey, you FaveCrafters, don't pass up this apron here! You will be looking oh so stylish with this easy sewing tutorial tutorial. Get ready for the coolest sewing project ever and make a few Reversible Scrap Fabric Aprons. Best of all, you can probably complete this project using what you have around the house.
Home Décor Sewing Patterns
Framed Monogram (pg. 52) - Abby Welker of A Feathered Nest shows us how to create a beautiful, framed monogram with felt and fabric. A bird embellishment tops of a simple sewn creation for truly creative decor. Make one for every member of the family!
Embellished Thread Bowl (pg. 54) - Using water-soluble stabilizer, you can create beautiful, translucent thread bowls and vases.
Phone Book Cover (pg. 55) - Sew a cute cover for a phone book or photo album featuring a house scene. This cover makes a great housewarming gift or accent for your own home. The batting or fusible fleece adds depth and hides the color of the phone book.
You can easily download and print out each book for on-hand reference while crafting.
For help downloading our eBooks, check out the FAQ here: How to Download our eBooks.
Be sure to check out our entire collection of eBooks. You'll find titles such as:
With your free copy of Sewing for Beginners, you can also subscribe to our Quick and Crafty newsletter to become part of the FaveCrafts community. In subscribing to the newsletter, you will receive:
- Weekly emails with free crafting patterns, tips, collection pages, videos and more + a weekly wrap-up.
- Chances to win books and products from our weekly giveaways and contests.
- New FREE patterns and eBooks made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our free pattern library full of over 1,000 of free crafting patterns.
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the crafting community.
Filled with lots of great sewing ideas for beginners, this free eBook is a great way to expand your crafting skills and fuel your creativity. You'll find some super cool sewing project ideas that are perfect for any skill level in this eBook, Sewing for Beginners. You are sure to find sewing craft ideas that will keep you busy and entertained!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques