Mod Podge Flower Pin
By: Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza from Plaid Enterprises
Make this fun flower pin to wear during the spring and summer months. Using Plaid mod podge paper and glitter you can make this craft from Cathie & Steve in only four easy steps.
- CS11236 - Mod Podge ® Paper - Matte, 8 oz.
- CS11275 - Mod Podge ® Glitter - Hologram Gold, 8 oz.
- 1" Foam brush
- 10” x 10” piece of cotton fabric – patterned
- 10” x 10” piece of cotton fabric – polka dot
- Scrap of tulle
- Large silk flower
- Wax paper
- Large shank button
- Needle and thread
- Hot glue
- Pin back
- Tiny scrap of felt
- Iron the fabrics if needed. Place the patterned fabric on a piece of wax paper. Using a foam brush, coat the right side with a thin layer of matte Mod Podge. Place the polka dot fabric onto wax paper and using a foam brush coat with gold glitter Mod Podge. Allow to dry 1 hour.
- Peel the dry fabrics from the wax paper and cut into 3 or 4 rough circle shapes. The circles should be approximately the size of your silk flower. Cut the circles into random flower shapes; spiked, round and daisy. Cut the tulle into circles approximately the size of the silk flower.
- Separate the petals of the flower and discard the plastic stem.
- Layer the petals of the silk flower, tulle and Mod Podged petals together. Hand sew together in the center. Sew a button in the center. Hot glue a pin back to the back. Add a small piece of felt across the pin back base to cover your glue marks.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!