Use this simple onesie dress pattern to sew an adorable, casual outfit for baby. The twirly baby dress is perfect for a day out on the town with mom!
- a onesie/t-shirt
- a circle skirt template pattern
- pretty fabric
- bias tape (optional)
- Make your circle skirt template using the pattern listed above (after you make the template, it's done and you can use the pattern over and over again!). Cut your fabric into a circle skirt. If you aren't adding bias tape to the bottom edge, iron the bottom edge down.
- Slide the onesie down into the circle skirt center. Then flip the skirt up and pin in place (to ensure even pinning, you can draw a line around the entire onesie).
- Once you've pinned the upsidedown skirt in place, flip the bottom of the onesie up over the skirt and pin in place as well (this will make a casing for the raw top edge of the skirt and also make the line where the onesie meets the skirt more even). Sew all the way around the flipped up, pinned edge.
- If you'd like to add bias trim to the bottom edge, pin and sew in place at this point (optional).
- Pair with a sweet little cardi, a ruffled headband and some leggies and you have a fantastic comfy, cute combo that she'll wear again and again!