Glow in the Dark Snowflake Stocking
By: The Designers of Coats and Clark
Handmade Christmas stockings from Coats & Clark give you the chance to personalize them for your family. Make unique and fun stockings this year with Coats and Clark's Glow in the Dark Snowflake Stocking.
- Coats Glow in the Dark Thread (D86), 001 White
- Coats Dual Duty Plus All-purpose thread, 0013 navy
- Felt-Navy-1 yard, White, 1 square
- Paper-backed fusible web
- Stocking Pattern Any commercial pattern will do—as long as you have the basic shape. You will only need to use the front and back.
- Snowflake pattern
- Stocking: Cut 2 (front & back) from navy.
- Cuff: Cut one from navy:3 ½ by width of stocking pattern.
- Cut one from white: 4” by width of stocking pattern.
- Fuse webbing to wrong side of white felt. Trace snowflake pattern onto paper backing. Cut out and fuse to front of stocking.
- Thread machine with Glow in the Dark thread. Set to a medium width satin stitch. Appliqué the snowflake.
- Embroider name on navy felt using satin stitch block letters, or programmed design.
- Align navy strip with top edge of stocking front, right sides together, machine-baste. Align white strip with top edge of navy strip. Stitch through all three layers using a ½ “ seam allowance.
- Hanger: Cut a strip of navy felt, 1” x 4”. Fold it in a loop and machine baste to wrong side of front in the upper right corner., loop extending.
- Place stocking back and front WRONG sides together. Thread machine with navy all-purpose thread. Stitch around stocking, ¼ inch from raw edge. Light press cuff to the right side.