Dressed Up Cupcakes
By: Pattie Donham-Wilkinson of ilovetocreate
Have fun with your cupcakes this Valentine season. Dress them up in fun scrapbook papers with this idea from I Love to Create. It's always fun to use decorative edged scissors for a funky new look.
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™
- Aleene's® Paper Glaze
- Tulip® Multi-Surface Stencil™
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue Sticks
- Decorative edge scissors
- Scrapbook paper – damask printed, chocolate brown, linen
- (2) Bamboo skewers
- For the cupcake sleeve, cut a band of damask printed scrapbook paper 2¼” high and 17” long. Glue two pieces together if needed, using Glue Stick. Fan-fold the paper into ¼” folds. Glue the ends together.
- For the cupcake poke, cut a rectangle of damask printed scrapbook paper 2¾” high and 3¼” wide to create the base piece.
- Cut a rectangle of chocolate brown scrapbook paper 2½” high and 3” wide, using decorative edge scissors. Glue to the center of the base piece.
- Peel the backing from Heart Stencil. Press the sticky stencil on the table and pull up several times to decrease the stickiness.
- Press the stencil on the linen colored scrapbook paper and trace the large heart with a pencil. Pull away stencil and cut out the heart. Glue the heart to the center of the base piece.
- Press the stencil on the linen colored heart with the heart swish in the corner. Apply Paper Glaze in the stencil and lift the stencil straight up to reveal the glue image.
- Pour Glitter over the glue. After a few minutes, tap the excess glitter onto a sheet of paper. Let dry.
- Apply Paper Glaze to the edges of the cupcake poke. Pour more glitter onto the sheet of paper. Dip the glazed edges into glitter, tap off the excess and pour back into the glitter bottle. Let dry.
- Attach a bamboo skewer to the back with tape.
- Place your fancy cupcake into the sleeve, and insert your cupcake poke into the top to complete your Cupcake Dress-up!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!