Create a beautiful butterfly scrapbook page using cardstock, treasure tape and beadlets. The page looks great and will help you preserve your memories for years to come.
- Two 8 1/2” x 11” pieces of aqua cardstock
- 8 1/2” x 11” golden yellow cardstock
- 8 1/2” x 11” purple cardstock
- Mrs. K’s Iron-on Ribbon in 6100 Carnation and 6500 Hydrangea
- Diamond Beadlets®
- 4” x 6” sheet of double-sided Treasure Tape
- Double-sided Treasure Tape dots
- Mini Iron or household iron
- Kreinik Teflon Press cloth
- Shallow tray or pan
- Fancy-edged scissors and regular scissors
- Bold Butterfly and Brush Stroke Alphabet stamp sets by Stampin Up (or similar stamps)
- Pale green ink stamp pad, and fuchsia stamp pad
- Photo of children (4” x 6” or smaller)
- Turn your iron on to the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Trim 1/2-inch off each side of your yellow cardstock using the fancy-edged scissors. Adhere this page centered onto the aqua cardstock, using Treasure Tape dots.
- Using the butterfly stamps and ink pads, stamp butterflies randomly around the yellow cardstock.
- Using the Carnation Pink or Hydrangea iron-on ribbon, outline each butterfly. (Lay the thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon Press cloth, and press with the hot iron for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue along your design, working in sections.)
- With the fancy-edged scissors, cut another piece of aqua cardstock to be one half-inch larger than your photo. Cut a piece of purple cardstock to be 1/4-inch larger than your photo. Mount the purple cardstock onto this aqua piece, then your photo onto the purple cardstock using Treasure Tape dots. Mount this onto the lower right corner of the page.
- Cut another aqua piece 3.75" x 2. Using the fancy-edged scissors, cut another purple piece 1/4" larger than the aqua. Stamp "My Butterflies" onto the aqua piece using the alphabet stamp set and Fuchsia ink. Mount this onto the purple cardstock, and then mount all of this onto the yellow page in the upper left-hand side.
- Pick two butterflies that remain completely visible on the page, and decorate them with the Diamond Beadlets®: Remove the white liner from the Treasure Tape sheet, and stamp the butterfly onto the sticky part. Cut out, then place over one of the visible butterflies. Remove the top red liner to expose the sticky part. Place the page in a shallow pan or tray and cover the butterfly with Diamond Beadlets®. Do the same with any other visible whole butterflies on the page.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.