Love theme Scrapbooking Page Idea
By: Kim Meyer for Jacquard Products
This craft from Jacquard Products explains how to make a wondrous love theme scrapbook page, a great layout idea for all scrapbooking enthusiasts.
- Jacquard ExtravOrganza
- Pearl Ex Stamp Pad Re-Inker (Gold) or Lumiere (Gold)
- Pearl Ex Stamp Pad (Two-Tone Gold/Red)
- Scrapbook paper
- Jacquard Sherrill's Sorbets (Blueberry, Watermelon)
- Dots Stamp (Hot Potatoes)
- Enlarged photo
- Inkjet Printer
- Small paintbrush
- Vellum tape
- Using a sponge and the Sherrill's Sorbet Watermelon, wipe some of the paint randomly over the scrapbook paper.
- Dab some of the Sherrill's Sorbet Blueberry onto the bottom of the paint jar. Use the paint jar like a stamp and randomly make a pattern over the Watermelon paint. Set aside to dry.
- While the paper is drying, stamp onto the ExtravOrganza using the Dots stamp and the Pearl Ex Stamp Pad. Let dry.
- On the computer, experiment with different fonts and words that you would like to use on your page. Run some plain paper tests to make sure you like the size and look. Print the ExtravOrganza with the text.
- Cut to the size you want, being sure to leave enough to fringe the edges. Peel the fabric from the paper backing.
- Fringe the edges of the organza. If desired, paint the fringe edges with the Pearl Ex Stamp Pad Re-Inker or Lumiere. Let dry.
- Attach photo to scrapbook page. Attach ExtravOrganza over the page and photo using vellum tape.
- Other Techniques to Try:
- Cut slits in the paper and weave text ribbons through the page.
- Print a photograph image instead of text and lay it over patterned paper.
- Make ExtravOrganza frames using clip art.
- Sew ExtravOrganza onto a page to create transparent pockets.