Glitter Lace Scrapbook Page
By: Art Institute Glitter, Inc
This beautiful scrapbook page incorporates lace and is excellent to use with vintage photos.
- Ultrafine Opaque Glitter: #6 Dubonnet, #65 Old Gold, #19 Grape, #56 Pumpkin
- Ultrafine Transparent Glitter: #197 Flax
- Small Glass Beads: #803 Solar
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive with Metal Tip attached
- Fantasy Film: Waterfall
- 12” x 12” Sticky Paper
- 13” x 13” Polyester Lace with a scalloped edge
- 12” x 12” Scrapbook paper: Bazzill, 2 Burgundy: 1 Cream
- Stamps: Barbara’s Large Dragonfly, Flower Trio 1367-K from Hollyberry House
- Permanent Stamp Pad: Ochre, Burnt Umber, Black
- 5” x 7” or larger photo • Fabric: writing motif
- Baker’s Parchment Paper
- Iron set to Medium High Heat
- Circle Template
- Ink dragonfly stamp and lay ink side up, place 4 sheets of Fantasy Film on top of image.
- Without moving the film place parchment paper on top, cover and press with iron for 3 to 4 seconds. Peal imprint off of stamp. Fill in body segments and head with adhesive and cover with Solar beads. Decorate wings with more Solar beads and dots of glue sprinkled with Grape and Old Gold glitter. Set aside to dry.
- Remove protective covering on Sticky Paper. Lay lace on top with scalloped edge 1/2” in from edge. Smooth all air pockets out between lace and sticky paper. Sprinkle on Dubonnet, Grape and Pumpkin glitter in a random pattern, tapping off excess glitter in between colors. Peal lace off gently once sticky paper is covered. Flood rest of sticky lace pattern with Flax glitter. Trim 1/4” to 1/2” off three straight edges and along scalloped edge. Xyron if possible or glue to center of 12" x 12" burgundy paper weighted down with books to avoid wrinkles.
- Stamp cream paper with Trio stamp several times, overlapping images with different inks. Draw name out on stamped paper with adhesive approx. 1/2” high, spoon on Dubonnet glitter and tap excess off, set aside to dry.
- Using circle template trim photo to 5” or larger circle. Cut a circle out of fabric 1/2” larger than photo and a circle from burgundy paper 1/4” larger than fabric. Glue and layer three circles together. Center circles about an inch from top of paper and glue to lace paper, weighted down.
- Cut two 2” corners, a 2 1/2” strip and a 1 1/4” strip from burgundy paper. Cut two 1 1/4” corners from stamped paper and a rectangle around glittered name to fit inside smaller burgundy strip, trim it to 3/4” longer than name strip. Cut one end of larger burgundy strip and fabric strip to match scal¬loped edge of lace paper. Layer corner and strip pieces as shown and glue, weighted down.
- Closely cut around dried dragonfly, up to but not including black lines. Cut in between wings up to thorax. Glue body and bottom wings to page where desired, may need to weight down with glue bottle for 10 minutes. Bend top wings up.
- Decorate edges of nameplate, corners and circles with dots or “stitches” (short glittered lines crossing edge of fabric), of glue to be sprinkled with Dubonnet, Old Gold glitter and Solar beads. Dubonnet “stitches” with Old Gold dots in between work well together. So do larger dots of Solar beads with smaller Old Gold dots in between.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!