Keep track of your book club meetings or the books you are reading with this cute library-pocket organizer!
Designed by Amy Law for Kreinik
- Library Pocket & Card: Foundations Paper Inc.
- Cardstock: Juneberry, Bazill Basics
- Paper: Plain Black; Purple Poesy, Cobblestone series, Fibermark; Caramel Rose Stripe- Back, Smell The Roses- Back, Bisous
- Label Holders- Rectangle Silver, Making Memories
- Fonts: Postage Stamp, Dixie's Delights; Parchment
- Hole Punch
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon 153V Vintage Burgundy
- Kreinik #16 Braid 001C Silver Cord, #12 Braid 005 Black
- 1/8", 1/2" roll of Treasure Tape
- Diamond Beadlets
- On your computer, make and print a "Book Club" label and postage stamp and cut them out. Then cut out your paper pieces. You will need strips in various widths that are long enough to fold around the back of your library pocket.Cut a small square of Purple Poesy paper to mat the postage stamp. Cut a larger piece of Smell the Roses paper to cover the inside of your pocket.
- Begin covering your pocket with paper. When you have all your strips glued in place on the front of your card, used two strips of Treasure Tape to secure the ends around the back of the pocket. Glue your Smell the Roses paper piece inside the pocket, trimming the corners if necessary (ours are rounded).
- To embellish your design, apply strips of 1/8" and 1/2" Treasure Tape along the edges of the paper strips on your pocket. Peel back red liner from strips one at a time and embellish with Vintage Burgundy Ribbon, Silver Cord, and Black Braid. You can make stripes or loops or zigzags with the braid and ribbon.
- When finished embellishing, place your pocket in a shallow tray or ziploc bag and pour Diamond Beadlets over the exposed tape. Swirl with your fingers to cover fully and tap to remove excess beads.
- Cover the top of your card insert with your Smell the Roses paper. Fasten your label holder to the top of the card and insert your Book Club label. Place a strip of 1/8" Treasure Trim across the border between paper and card, and embellish with your threads.
- If you wish to hang your calendar, mount your pocket on a piece of cardstock. Punch holes across the top of the cardstock and lace your Vintage Burgundy Ribbon through the holes for a hanger.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.